Oh no! Furnace no heat? When your gas or propane furnace isn’t working properly, and it’s cold in the house, what should you do? Depending on the temperatures outside the situation may range from slightly uncomfortable to potentially more serious for your house pipes which can freeze and burst. A no heat situation is definitely something you need to address right away, and we are here to help!
When your furnace is producing no heat it’s important to stay calm, there can be many reasons this is happening and we are just a phone call away! Our fully trained and licensed service technicians are available throughout the Elmvale, Barrie, Wasaga Beach and Midland area. But before you call us you can check a few basic things and maybe avoid a service call all together.
Furnace – no heat… here’s a few things to try before calling us!
- Is there power to thermostat? Check the batteries and replace if necessary.
- Check that your thermostat is set to HEAT and the temperature setting is higher than the current temperature in your home.
- Turn the Fan to ON to test if there is power to the furnace. If nothing happens, check breakers, fuses and power switches.
- Check that gas supply is in the ON position.
- Check your filter. Is it due for a change? They should be changed monthly to ensure good air flow and operation.
- Ensure the front panel on your furnace is closed properly, if not the furnace will not come on.
- If you are getting some heat, check registers for air flow. Is there furniture or items blocking air flow?
- Is your outdoor vent blocked? Sometimes a snowstorm will cause a blockage of the outdoor vent, it may be as simple as clearing the snow away.
If you are still experiencing problems with your furnace, no heat, or reduced heat call us to book a visit from one of our fully licensed and experienced technicians! We have technicians available seven days a week throughout Elmvale, Barrie, Midland, Wasaga Beach and surrounding areas!
We also offer annual maintenance appointments to help ensure your equipment is operating when you need it to. Our technicians will clean, assess and recommend any preventative service you may need. They will also offer some great energy saving tips to help you get the most out of your equipment!
Your comfort is our business!